This job post is closed or expired and is no longer open for applicationsSearch currently open vacancies!
Heliopolis, Cairo, Egypt
Years of Experience
Number of Vacancies
Get new jobs by email
Please enter a valid email.
Ads by Google
Roles and responsibilities:
-Member of a 7x24 IT Operations team that includes other DBAs and staff with expertise in application and web site administration, security, servers, storage, networking, virtualization, infrastructure, cloud computing, and data center management.
-Manage database related projects, incidents, and service requests.
-Review database health (e.g., backups, maintenance, monitoring) on a daily basis to ensure issues are identified and resolved.
-Respond to database related alerts and escalations, and work with Engineering to come up with strategic solutions to recurring problems.
-This role includes non-business hours on call responsibilities on a rotational basis.
* Experience in managing Azure environment. Hand of experience in managing Azure web applications is a must
* 6 years of experience in Installation, Configuring, Deploying, Troubleshooting and maintenance of Web Applications in IIS 5.0/6.0/7.0/7.5 using windows server 2000/2003/2008 R2
* Experienced in working with various components of IIS like SMTP, NNTP, COM+ and WWW service
* Worked with creation of app-pools and creating virtual directories in IIS.
* Supporting 24/7 on call for the Production support for SQL Azure and Azure Reporting Services.
* Troubleshooting and debugging of internal Azure web components as per SLA''s
* Investigate and providing root cause analysis of the SQL Azure production issues.
* Managing the Cloud Services & infrastructure of Microsoft, both Stage and Production
* Installed/enabled isapi filters on IIS using inet manager and configured web service extensions.
* Created multiple app-pools on IIS 6.0 and scheduled tasks to auto check the health status of the app-pools (and scheduled auto recycling)
* Created clusters in IIS web servers using Network load balancing and net scalars.
* Configured hyper-v v. m ''s on windows 2008 server that virtualizes the application/availability standards.
* Setting up of SQL cluster environment
* Setting up of NLB for web servers
* Monitoring activities and SQL high availability concepts
Ads by Partners
Ads by Google